Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the legal time limit to settle an inheritance in canada?

I'm from Ontario, Canada and my grandfather died about 22 months ago, but the lawyer hasn't fully divided the inheritance among the hiers yet. I was wondering what is the legal limit that he has to settle the inheritance. I'm a little bit frusterated and was hoping for some adivce on what I can do. Thank you very much. :)|||Settlement of some estates can take years depending on how complex they are and if there are any people contesting it. the following site has all the legal requirements and time limits for Ontario regarding estates and their executors. Make sure the lawyer is not delaying the closure as a way of getting more money to handle it.


http://www.andrews.ca/en/estates.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment