Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the age limit for flying a plane?

Like 16 is the limit for driving a car...





I wanna fly a plane as soon as possible, I love them so much!|||http://answers.yahoo.com/search/search_r鈥?/a>





2458 hits





Vahig H, you have any reference to back up that answer?|||You cqn solo in the US at 16. See www.faa.gov, look up FARs and go to Part 61 -- Private Pilot.





Once you have the ability and the required 20 hours solo time, you can take the flight check and be a pilot.|||Solo, 16 solo for gliders at 14, license at 16


Excellent answer there below me|||In the UK the legal age is 14 to take the controls of an aircraft. But you have to delay flying lessons over a few years as the legal age to qualify for you PPL is 17.





this means you can have flying lessons as soon as your 14Th birthday comes. its best to have 1 lesson a month as your slowly getting your flight hours in. Then you will only be a few hours of being able to do you solo to actually gain your PPL. if you want to go further past this you can get a night rating which means you are allowed to fly at night after so many flying hours of training in nighttime conditions.|||training can start earliest at 18 and say 2years for a CPL(commercial pilots license) that makes it 20|||16 to solo 17 to get licensed. You can start training now. I started lessons when i was 15, soloed when I was 16 and got my license when I was 17. I actually almost got my pilots license before my drivers license. I was putting off getting my drivers license so I could say that, but it didn't work out. lol. Start taking lessons now! good luck.|||In the United States:


At 14 you can get a glider solo endorsement and your license at 16.


At 16 your can get a powered plane solo endorsement and your license at 17.


We start students as early as 12 years old in sailplanes and most will be ready to solo on their 14th birthday. Most then go on to get their license for sailplanes at 16, solo powered planes on the same day, then get their power license at 17.


Get into the books if you are younger. I've taken 6 year olds up in a sailplane who could fly it - and did for most of the flight - I flew the tow and the traffic pattern.


I believe that training in sailplanes will make a far better pilot. You learn to fly the aircraft and don't get in the bad habit of using power to fix your mistakes. You learn precision, weather, aerodynamics, etc... far better than your powered pilot friends.


Check out ssa.org - the Soaring Society of America|||18 to have a license|||18

No comments:

Post a Comment