Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the weight limit to go skydiving?

I'm currently losing weight for the sake of going skydiving. I was wondering if the weight limit was negotiable. From what I've read, the first jump is a tandem jump. Is it possible to take more classes early on and make my first jump unassisted?|||I did my first jump solo, after ~6 hours of ground training, if I recall correctly. The canopies we used were rated for 450 lbs. There may be other limitations on weight relating to your ability to safety exit the plane in flight. All of my (civilian) jumps were from single-engine Cessnas, and the mode of exiting the plane involved climbing out and dangling from the wing-strut, then dropping clear. This isn't exactly difficult, but it's not without requirements for athleticism either.|||It depends on how you are proportioned for example, someone who is 5'1" tall and weighs 230 pounds would not be able to jump because they are too short and wide to assure a proper harness fit. The max. weight limit for a tandem student is 220.|||As I remember its 220lbs for tandem and 250 for AFF... I wasnt near it so didnt pay much attention to it...


AFF is 9 hrs ground class and a jump with 2 instructors next to you, but when you pull the cord, you on your own... the best decision I ever made...

No comments:

Post a Comment