Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the legal age limit for children to stay home alone overnight?

What is the legal age limit for children to stay home alone overnight?


Can (TWO) thirteen year olds stay home alone together? They are sisters.. They are responsible and mature.. What do you think? Can they do it? Nothing ever happened. Please answer!!|||I'm fifteen and my mom would kill herself before leaving me overnight. But then again, I'm INSANELY immature (not irresponsible, just childish), and also liable to burn the house down. So I guess you would base that decision on the area you live in and the trustworthiness of your kids.|||I don't there there is any legal age limit to let your kids stay home by theirselves. My mom used to leave me and my 4 year old sister at home all the time by ourselves and left me home by myself all the time basically starting when I was 7. Nothing happened to me. But then I think you could get charged with child neglect or child abandonment if you leave your kids home alone.|||When I was thirteen I was allowed home alone, but not for a full entire night. My mum would go out around 7pm and come back around 3am, when I was asleep. I also babysitted my younger brother, who was six at the time (but he would always be asleep when she left) so its the parents choice.|||There is no legal age


They advise 14, but it's not definite


I think you can let them stay at home over night


but if a police happened to stop by, they might have a talk with you


and if they get kidnapped you'll feel bad forever


so just consider that first|||the real question is....are they ready to be left alone. as mature as they may be they are very vulnerable at this age....|||The legal age here in Illinois is 12.|||My mom use to let me stay home alone when I was 13. I think it depends on your state laws, too.|||were i live its 16, or with a 16 or older person cause some one has to be able to drive in case of emergency's|||18!|||depends on the state you're in. where i live it is 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment